Composr Supplementary: Security in Composr
Written by Steve Jarvis, Sponsored by Arvixe hosting
When building any website based on a content management system, the security of the system and of the website is one of the paramount concerns. Ensuring your website is secure is one of the most important things you should do when planning your website. Composr has many elements built-in to help make your website as secure as possible.
Some of the key security features include:
- A Configurable swear filter which allows you to keep an eye on what language is acceptable from your users even when you or your moderators cannot be present to keep an eye on the site.
- A range of IP address tools including the ability to permanently ban an IP address from your website.
- Ability to investigate each and every user tracking their actions on your website.
- Inbuilt CAPTCHA to help prevent spammers.
- Tracking of all failed logins and temporary bans for too many failed login in attempts.
- Automatic tracking and banning of users attempting hacking of your website.
- Multiple layers of inbuilt defence to help secure your website.
- A unique technology to help prevent Cross site security (XSS) vulnerabilities and find any potential holes before the software or any updates are released.
- Inbuilt architectural approach to combat all major and popular exploit techniques.
- Inbuilt protection to stop spammers from using your website for SEO purposes.
- HTML filtering.
- You published e-mail address will be protected from spammers.
In addition to all of the above protection, Composr offers an impressive set of features and options to tailor your website permissions to limit users to specific areas and features. There are also Match Key page restrictions which allow you to set ad-hoc match keys for specific pages on a parameter level. This means you could for example allow viewing, but not the adding of downloads and you can specify extra restrictions.
As you can see Composr offers a fantastic set of security options.
Please rate this tutorial:
Have a suggestion? Report an issue on the tracker.